Thursday, October 27, 2011

C4T 3

For my C4T I commented on the Quantum Progress. The first post was called "Mindset and breaking the cycle of "I'm not good at science."" Dr. John discussed how students think they are just not good enough in a class, particularly math and science, and they carry that through life. Most of students that believe that they "just can't do science" as said in this post, starts when they are in junior high or high school. I believe it starts in elementary but does not show a lot until then. Dr. John says be believes everyone can do science. I agreed with him on this cycle since I always believed I was no good at it until I went to college. Also on my GED,and ACTs, science was my highest score.
The next post I commented on was called "Improving the TUG of War." This was fun to read and learn different ideas for my future students. He had the students do different experiments. Some wore socks while some didn't, then some were on top of a hill while the others were at the bottom, finally some were standing on grass while the others were on concrete. This taught the students force and friction. He also showed them a video of a real National Tug of War competition. I wish we would have had teachers that was that creative with our learning.

1 comment:

  1. The first post you commented on sounds very interesting. I think having a bad attitude about a class can greatly affect ones performance in a class. I remember classes that I went into where I either had a negative feeling about the class or heard bad things about the teacher and I immediately did not want to try as hard in that particular class. I also think the second post is very fun! It is very important to try and do activities that allow students to have fun. Great post!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete