Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blog Post 8

a world with hands reaching to it.



RICHARD MILLER
These were inspiring videos to watch. His dream of integrated technology is something that would bring our learning even more technologically advanced than it is now. People are becoming more comfortable and interested in connecting with other people around the world and sharing ideas. When people discover more, they have dreams of their own for technology and share them for the future.
Learning to write with multimedia is a lot to learn and is growing every day. I believe I am ready to write with multimedia in my classroom. I am not the best at it, nor do I know a whole lot about it. I am willing to learn constantly what I can and apply it now and in my future classrooms. Multimedia is a valuable item of resource in our society and I believe everyone should have an extensive technology background no matter what job they have.
If I constantly try to learn what I can about multimedia and keep my mind fresh on how to use it then yes my students will know how to use it also. Students can only do what they are taught and if I do not teach it to them then I do not expect them to know how. When I become a teacher I plan on teaching my students everything I know and am continuously learning about technology that I can. I want them to have every advantage and resource that I find possible so that they will succeed in all that they do.

CARLY PUGH
Her blog was fun to read and travel through on the links. She used what Mr. Miller was talking about in his "THIS IS HOW WE DREAM" videos. Carly's multimedia use is great in her blog post and is a great example of how to use it. I will look at it often when I need ideas on future work as a student and teacher.

THE CHIPPER SERIES, EDM310 FOR DUMMIES
A video that I would like to maybe create or participate in for EDM310 would be about sarcasm and plagiarism. Sarcasm, as Dr. Strange stated, is usually missed by a few students every semester and I think it would be fun to do a funny sketch about it. I would also like to do a video on plagiarism since that is a serious issue for everyone. There was a lot of messages in The Chipper Series that a person could get out but the main message I got was that we should not procrastinate. When we constantly put things off it starts piling up and becomes overwhelming. The EDM310 for Dummies was funny and very true how I feel some times. It is not as bad as when the class first started and I was trying to figure out how to organize myself. I think everyone feels that way when they first start this class but by the end they are completely different.

LEARN TO CHANGE, CHANGE TO LEARN
I agree with the arguments that were presented in this video. I believe that we do need more resources in the classroom rather than just limiting what the student can use in and outside the class. We are living in a world where students are already using blogs and other networking to get information. Teachers should be required to know some level of networking so they can show students how to use the information properly in their school work. If there is something a teacher does not know how to do yet they should have the freedom to research it in the classroom with the student.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikita! I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I must say that I too think Richard Miller video was very inspiring. I also like what you said in your last two sentences about when you become a teacher how you going to do everything so that your students succeed in everything that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Nikita! I must say I like your video idea! "A video that I would like to maybe create or participate in for EDM310 would be about sarcasm and plagiarism." These are two issues we have encountered this semester that would be great to address. You could even show this to your future students one day!
    Keep up the good work and good ideas!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete