Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog Post 6

 networking sites



THE NETWORKED STUDENT
I was not surprised or anything while watching this video. It is very obvious how our society, in a way, needs social networking in every day life. Having this opportunity to have this limitless information in the class for students to learn with is lucky and should be taken advantage of. So as a teacher I will keep up with all the new networking sites and information so my students will benefit from all resources available.
Yes, I do think I am ready to teach in a classroom of networked students. Even though they can get everything they need in a blink of an eye, they need me and all other teachers to show them how to get and use the information. Not knowing how to get all that is available out there will not benefit them and it will be as if we did not have access to the internet. I believe all teachers, no matter what grade they are teaching, should stay on top of all new networking sites.
I like how the video was presented. It got a person's attention because of the topic being presented and the way it was presented. If a podcast is being made on any subject, it should be interesting to keep the audiences' attention and I believe they did. I feel I am now more ready to enter a classroom with networked students than I was before. I would like to start keeping a record of websites a lot of classrooms and teachers use to network so I can use in my future classroom.

A 7TH GRADERS PLN
This was great to see a student at such a young age making blogs and glogs for school projects. I wish I would have been able to do that in my class when I was in middle and high school. Having students be more responsible for their work than normal is good because they seem more interested in doing the work now that they have more freedom rather than a one way only approach.
I feel her PLE compared to my PLE is very different since she is more experienced with this than I am. I am still learning a lot that other people already know about. I have known about different ways to do things on the internet for projects like her blogs and glogs but have never tried anything until I started this class. I am glad that I am expanding my technology literacy since it will be important in my future classroom.

3 comments:

  1. What a relief you're ready to be a networked teacher! Your students will thank you. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are ready to be a networked teacher too, maybe you can give me pointers on getting ready since I don't think I'm quite ready yet! And for me, the PLN is also very new and I have barely started on getting any good websites for teaching on there, hopefully during student teaching the teachers we get will share their websites so that we will have a heads up on which ones work. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... should stay on top of all new networking sites." I doubt that is possible. I sure can't. But we can incorporate some into our teaching. And let others be explored by others.

    We are all learners - as you can see!

    ReplyDelete