Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog Post 13

hand with phone made in it.



For this week we were given the opportunity to choose out of four options and I chose Option 3 "The E-media Fast." This was one of the hardest things I had to do. I never realized how much my life has to do with electronics for communication. For this challenge I tried it for three days and failed each time, unfortunately.
The first day, without thinking, I immediately turned on the radio when I got into my car. I do not like silence in the car because it makes the ride seem twice as long no matter where I am going. I did not fail at doing without electronics until after 12:00 pm, so I feel that it was a good first attempt.
The second day, I was doing okay until my son wanted to watch television. Again, I let the assignment slip from my memory when I got busy tending to my son and sat to watch television with him after a while. Being a mom, I always take the opportunity when my son wants to sit down and relax to do the same. I should have reminded myself and done something other than that.
The third day, I went to watch a movie to get away from other electronics. I reframed from using my phone or the radio all day. The assignment said we could watch a movie at the theatre so I used it as an opportunity to go see a new movie I have been wanting to see. The bad part of it was after I got out my fiance called to see where I was at. I couldn't just not answer since he had my son. Since I did answer that made me fail the assignment again for a third time.
I learned that my life revolves more about electronics than what I thought. I cannot go a whole day without using some sort of electronics. In a way I wish I could say I succeeded but that is just how our society is now. We do everything with electronics and internet. I believe my future students will have nothing but electronics in the classroom. All they will know is technology and that is how they will be raised from day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment