Saturday, September 10, 2011

Project 3

I was assigned to The Scholastic Scribe which a teacher that has a dance group on America's Got Talent from Washington D.C . Their name is Ghoulish Pleasures, for the dark side of hip hop. I do not watch the show now but I have in the past and I think it is an interesting show. This was neat for me to be able to follow this teacher and her group on their journey of their dreams.
The first comment I wrote on talked about who the group was. It gave background information of when they were just cheerleaders for the high school. They are now winners of a million dollars and now competing for one million dollars and a Las Vegas headliner special. This group is very different and commended on their drama.
I introduced myself to her and told her how interested I was in the group. How they pushed their selves in to being better than just high school cheerleaders. I stated that I do not get to watch the show but I will try to do so and see how well they do and I hope that they win.

This week's post was a poem that was written about the dancers. It did not state if she wrote it or if someone else did for them. The poem was well written and inspiring to young people to never give up on their dreams. Ghoulish Pleasure came a long way and will not give up even if they did not win top prize on the show.
I really liked the poem and to me it captured how they feel and how people feel about them. I hated they did not win but I hope they will never give up. People like them are what younger generations look to. America likes to see people reach their goal and I think they will make it to the top.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nikita,

    The blog that you were assigned to sounds very interesting. I think it is very cool that the group went from being cheerleaders to these amazing dancers who won a million dollars. The poem sounded very inspirational. I think you did an awesome job with your post and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete